What is theme installation?
Theme installation is an optional service we offer for our WordPress themes. Instead of you setting up and configuring your 17th Avenue theme on your website, our team takes care of everything for you!
Installation is especially helpful if:
- You’re new to WordPress and aren’t confident working in the WordPress dashboard.
- You don’t have time to dedicate to properly set up your theme.
- You prefer that your theme is set up correctly from the get-go.
What’s the difference between Premium and Simple installation?
We offer two different “types” of WordPress themes in our shop. They are:
Each type of theme has its own corresponding installation package. So that means:
- If you purchased a Premium WordPress Theme, you need Premium WordPress Installation.
- If you purchased a Simple WordPress Theme, you need Simple WordPress Installation.
To clarify, Simple Installation is NOT available for our Premium WordPress Themes. Vice versa, Premium Installation is NOT available for our Simple WordPress Themes.
Installation for our Premium Themes costs more because those themes have tons of features and require much more extensive setup. Our Simple Themes are just that – simple – and don’t require as much setup. 🙂
How does theme installation work?
- Purchase the installation package that corresponds to the type of theme you purchased (either Premium or Simple).
- After placing your order, fill out the Premium Installation Form or Simple Installation Form with all of your details and preferences.
- Once we receive your form, your installation will be booked into our schedule. Standard installation is completed in 5-7 business days, and 24-hour installation is completed within 24 hours.
- After we install your theme, you’ll receive an email letting you know installation is complete. Then you’ll be ready to launch your beautiful new website!
How long does installation take?
Once we receive your form, your theme will be installed on your site in 5 to 7 business days. Installation typically takes place in the afternoon (PST).
If you purchased 24-hour installation, your theme will be installed within 24 hours of receiving your form.
Please note that if we receive the incorrect login information on your form, installation will be delayed.
Can I purchase installation later?
Absolutely! You can come back anytime and purchase theme installation – you don’t have to purchase it with your theme. In fact, we recommend that you try to install your theme yourself first following our detailed setup guides. If you’re having trouble or finding that the theme setup is beyond your comfort/skill level, you can always come back and purchase installation at a later time.
Does installation include customizations?
No, theme customizations are not included with installation (colors, fonts, layout changes, etc).
However, we can usually accommodate SMALL changes/requests when doing your installation. Examples would be removing a widget or moving a widget to a different location. Please put any requests on your installation form. Anything requested beyond minor changes will cost extra.
If you’d like us to customize your theme, please see our Theme Customizations page.
What’s the difference between Standard and 24-Hour Installation?
The only difference is the turnaround time. With Standard Installation, your theme will be installed on your site in 5 to 7 business days*. With 24-Hour Installation, your theme will be installed on your site within 24 hours*.
*From the time that you submit your installation form.
What are the requirements for installation?
Before we can install your theme on your website, you’ll need to have:
- Your own domain name
- A hosting plan with a hosting provider
- WordPress.org software installed on your domain
Hop over to our Getting Started Guide, which will walk you through how to (easily!) set up these three things.
Can changes be made after my theme is installed?
(Example: add a new link to the navigation menu).
No, revisions cannot be made after installation is completed. Please be sure to include ALL of your information on your installation form.
Anything that you want to add/change later can be done on your own. If you have questions about how to update anything on your site, just get in touch – we’re happy to point you in the right direction!
Will I be able to view my new site before it goes live?
Yes. There is a spot on the installation form where you can request a Coming Soon Page. This allows you to preview your site and make any necessary changes before it goes live.
What are the Mini and Deluxe customization packages?
The Mini Customization Package includes customizing the theme with your own custom fonts and colors.
The Deluxe Customization Package includes customizing the theme with your own custom fonts and colors, plus two theme customizations of your choice (layout changes, additional widget area, etc).