What is theme installation?
Theme installation is an optional service we offer for our WordPress themes. Instead of you setting up and configuring your 17th Avenue theme on your website, our team takes care of everything for you!
Installation is especially helpful if:
- You’re new to WordPress and aren’t confident working in the WordPress dashboard.
- You don’t have time to dedicate to properly set up your theme.
- You prefer that your theme is set up correctly from the get-go.
What do “New Site” and “Existing Site” mean?
A New Site is a site that has no existing content. On new sites, the demo content will be imported for you during theme installation.
An Existing Site is an established website with existing content that you have published: posts, pages, images, etc. Sites with existing content require a lot of extra time and care during theme installation.
For existing sites, please do the following prior to installation:
- Make a backup of your website
- Update your website to the latest version of WordPress
- Do a plugin audit
- Upgrade to PHP 7.4
Exception: If you tried to install your theme on your own and imported the demo content, your site is still considered a new site. Your site is only considered an existing site if you have your OWN content published.
What’s the difference between Premium and Simple installation?
We offer two different “types” of WordPress themes in our shop. They are:
Each type of theme has its own corresponding installation package. So that means:
- If you purchased a Premium WordPress Theme, you need Premium WordPress Installation.
- If you purchased a Simple WordPress Theme, you need Simple WordPress Installation.
To clarify, Simple Installation is NOT available for our Premium WordPress Themes. Vice versa, Premium Installation is NOT available for our Simple WordPress Themes.
Premium Theme Installation costs more because our Premium Themes are packed with features and require much more extensive setup. Our Simple Themes are just that – simple – and don’t require as much setup. 🙂
How does theme installation work?
- Purchase the installation package that corresponds to the type of theme you purchased (either Premium or Simple).
- After placing your order, fill out the Premium Installation Form or Simple Installation Form with all of your details and preferences.
- Once we receive your form, your installation will be booked into our schedule. Installation will be completed within 5 to 10 business days (from the date we receive your installation form).
- After we install your theme, you’ll receive an email notifying you of completion, along with the link to a Post-Installation Guide for your specific theme. Then you’ll be ready to launch your beautiful new website!
How long does installation take?
Once we receive your form, your theme will be installed on your site in 5 to 10 business days. Installation typically takes place in the afternoon (PST).
If you purchase theRush Installation Upgrade, your theme will be installed within 2 business days of receiving your installation form. Rushed Installation does not include weekends. I.e. if you purchase on a Saturday, installation would be completed on Monday or Tuesday.
Please note that if we receive the incorrect login information on your form, installation may be delayed.
Can I purchase installation later?
Absolutely! You can come back anytime and purchase theme installation – you don’t have to purchase it with your theme. In fact, we recommend that you try to install your theme yourself first following our detailed setup guides. If you’re having trouble or finding that the theme setup is beyond your comfort/skill level, you can always come back and purchase installation at a later time.
Does installation include customizations?
No, theme customizations are not included with installation (colors, fonts, layout changes, etc).
However, we can usually accommodate SMALL changes/requests when doing your installation. Examples would be removing a widget or moving a widget to a different location. Please put any requests on your installation form. Anything requested beyond minor changes will cost extra.
If you’d like us to customize your theme, please see our Theme Customizations page.
Does installation include adding my content/images?
In general, no. Installation does not include adding content (text, images, etc) to your posts or pages. That said, there are certain areas included with installation where we will add your content! This includes: the sidebar about me photo and text, the about section on your homepage (varies by theme), and several areas on your homepage (varies by theme).
If you need professional assistance with adding content and images to your pages, contact us and we can provide a referral for a provider who can assist with that type of service. Or visit our WordPress Video Library to learn how to add content on your own!
What are the requirements for installation?
Before we can install your theme on your website, you’ll need to have:
- Your own domain name
- A hosting plan with a hosting provider
- WordPress.org software installed on your domain
Hop over to our Getting Started Guide, which will walk you through how to (easily!) set up these three things.
Can changes be made after my theme is installed?
(Example: add a new link to the navigation menu).
No, revisions cannot be made after installation is completed. Please be sure to include ALL of your information on your installation form.
Anything that you want to add/change later can be done on your own. If you have questions about how to update anything on your site, just get in touch – we’re happy to point you in the right direction!
Will I be able to view my new site before it goes live?
Yes. There is a spot on the installation form where you can request a Coming Soon Page. This allows you to preview your site and make any necessary changes before it goes live.